Re: Sleep mode question

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 11:24 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Not sure about speech off and on though. I personally would not in a profile as I might forget.
-
What earthly difference would it make?

You could potentially forget anything that you put in a configuration profile, and speech off in an automatically triggered profile for a self-voiced application may be precisely what is wanted.  Or it could be sleep mode is what is wanted.

But the initial effect of "no NVDA speech" in that application is the same no matter which is used.  The difference being how keystrokes are handled and whether NVDA ever even tries to process any.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)