Re: Sleep mode question

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 11:40 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
So, activate sleep mode in that profile once the app is started and when you alt tab away you will have use of nvda. When you alt tab back to the app nvda will sleep.
-
What you're saying does make sense, since the application profile serves to create an "NVDA microclimate" and you can make additional changes within the "microclimate" on the fly, which only apply to it, but not outside of it, and that will hold until NVDA is restarted.

It sounds like that's exactly what Lanie is doing, too, except seemingly without an application profile.  I am not running to the User Guide at this very moment, but if what Lanie says is correct (and I'm not doubting that it is) then Sleep Mode kinda sorta creates a transitory equivalent of a configuration profile for sleep mode.  What  I'd be curious to know is whether it holds if you close the application you set up sleep mode for and started it again (I'd suspect not, but . . . ) or whether it holds for that application after it's been set until NVDA itself is closed then restarted.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)