Re: a big thank you to the programmers

Gene

While on the subject of visited links, it is important to say that if you delete your browser history, you will lose all visited links.  The browser keeps that information in history.  Off and on, I see people advising to delete browser history to see if it solves a problem.  I don't know if doing so might solve any problems but those who use or rely on visited links should know they will lose all of them if they do this.  I'm skeptical that removing history solves problems to any extent anyway but whatever the case, this is seldom stated when people make such recommendations and it is important to be stated.

I don't recall if someone asked how to move to visited links.  V moves you to the next visited link, shift v moves you to the previous one.

Gene

On 1/15/2022 5:56 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Doesn't JAWS do this as well?  NVDA and JAWS both have had shortcuts for links (whether visited or unvisited), visited link, and unvisited link, in their keyboard shortcuts for as long as I can remember.  I also thought both announced, when you landed on a link, it's previous visitation status.

I'm just curious if any JAWS and NVDA users, and I know we've got those, can either confirm or refute my memory.  I just realized a couple of days ago that it has been almost 4 years since I last had a client where I was tutoring JAWS.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)