Re: a big thank you to the programmers

Gene

You would have to clear the page or the site, whichever choices you have and want to clear, from history.  That is why I generally don't use visited links.  There are times when it is very useful.  At times, when I'm doing something on a page and I want to know where I left off, using visited links can be very useful.  But usually, pages are full of visited links because on pages I use often, I usually go to a lot of links.  I use the find command usually.  If I want to move to a ;page on a newspaper site that is named editorials, I search for edit instead of writing the entire word.  Usually the first four letters works efficiently;.  Because newspaper pages may have other text with some variation of the word edit, I use five letters.

Gene

On 1/16/2022 9:47 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi Brian

I was a Jaws user for years and I remember the  v (visited) and u (unvisited) quick key links in browse mode, which are replicated in NVDA.  My only issue is how can they be cleared, if for example a user like Betsy wanted to start again visiting all links on a page. Would the page first have to be purged from cache and re-loaded to remove the link designation?  I noticed that the visited link status of links is retained between visits to the browser, in my case Brave, so it could become mis-leading.

Cheers

                Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: 15 January 2022 23:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] a big thank you to the programmers

Doesn't JAWS do this as well?  NVDA and JAWS both have had shortcuts for links (whether visited or unvisited), visited link, and unvisited link, in their keyboard shortcuts for as long as I can remember.  I also thought both announced, when you landed on a link, it's previous visitation status.

I'm just curious if any JAWS and NVDA users, and I know we've got those, can either confirm or refute my memory.  I just realized a couple of days ago that it has been almost 4 years since I last had a client where I was tutoring JAWS.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)