Re: Accessibility in SumatraPDF

hi.
i am ready for any help too.
i dont have the email address of sumatra pdf reader.
if someone give me the address, shurely i send email for them to make
it accessible.
i know only mohammad that his major is computer and maybe helps us.
i wrote email him many months ago and i mentioned my request.

On 3/16/16, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:
Hello Juan,

I can recommend keeping at least a portable version of Sumatrapdf, which
comes in really, really handy if you want to save a document as txt.

The menus are accessible. If you open a document, even if you can't read
it straight away, you can save it as txt (in case you need to do so),
and the result is the best I've had for this purpose. Much better than
Foxit, which inserta lines with page numbers, that can be bothering;
better than Adobe, which I haven't used for years, but didn't work as
nicely as Sumatra...

Ciao, hth,
Ollie

Il 16/03/2016 00:46, juan gonzalez ha scritto:
thank you for your input. guess i have to stay with Adobe.

On 3/15/2016 3:44 PM, Mallard wrote:
Hello,

No, it doesn't.

In the old days, when the programme was first released, someone asked
about accessibility, but the dev said he didn't know anything about
accessibility, and didn't want to get involved. He said that, since
the software is open source, whoeer wanted to delve into that, could
do so...

Sumatra pdf doesn't have a text viewer, so no text can be read.

Pity, because it also reads epubs, amongst other things.

Hovever, i found that it does a great job saving pdf files to txt.
Of all these pdf reading programme, this is the one that "ruins" the
format least of all.

hth,
Ciao,
Ollie

Il 15/03/2016 20:33, juan gonzalez ha scritto:
does anybody know if this PDF program works with NVDA?

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org