Re: backing up NVDA settings

Gene

That could certainly happen.  Perhaps the best way to approach the problem is to keep the default behavior but have a dialog come up asking if you want to save the changes when the program shuts down.  That is a solution to the problem I thought of when discussing the question in the Github issue.

Gene

On 1/17/2022 12:08 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 12:10 PM, Chris wrote:

Your best option in the first place would be to uncheck the option to save configuration on exit!

That way any accidental setting change would not be saved unless of course you save the configuration manually

-
I am not trying to argue your central point, which is entirely valid, but I can say that I have seen, on more than one occasion, where those who've turned automatic save off wail mightily when hours of settings tweaks end up not being saved because they forgot to save them.

In the end, it is critical that you (the generic you), know and understand precisely how your NVDA on your machine(s) is configured.  It's the only way you can know what's necessary to either make sure that what you're doing is going to have the result you expect.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)