Re: backing up NVDA settings

Gene

That's what I have in mind, like the dialog in a word processor that only comes up when you close a document and don't save the changes.

Gene

On 1/17/2022 12:51 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 01:35 PM, Gene wrote:
Perhaps the best way to approach the problem is to keep the default behavior but have a dialog come up asking if you want to save the changes when the program shuts down.
-
Not that this couldn't work, but I can only imagine how annoying it would be and, even worse, how people would go into "autopilot mode" in regard to it and still mess things up by giving their "automatic response" or taking whatever the default is.

Personally, I do not like dialogs to appear all the time for something like this, only when a state change has been detected.  And if you were implying it should only come up if a settings change was made, then that could work perfectly.  It would only nag when getting the user's attention about making a critical decision is required.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)