Ms Russian Voices and NVDA

Mary Otten

This might be on the border of inappropriate, but here goes:

I have a Russian voice that I purchased some time ago from a 3rd party vendor, and it works with NVDA. However, there is one really serious problem with it. If you are on a page with mixed English and Cyrillic, the Russian voice really falls apart. Rather than just reading the English in a Russian accent, which is what happens on an iPhone, for instance, my speech synthesizer from the Ivona company pronounces the English in some way that is really quite impossible to understand. So I'm wondering if there is anybody on here who speaks Russian and has had occasion to download and use either of the MS voices for Windows 10. If these voices act like the one I already have, then there is no point in going there. But if they don't mangle the English because they use pronunciation rules, perhaps because the synth is from Poland, where they use the Latin alphabet and have their own phonetic rules, then I'm going to go through the process of installing the voices and hope for decent results.

Mary