Re: Ms Russian Voices and NVDA

Mary Otten

I was going to try the one core voices, but not if somebody else has already tried and found them wanting when it comes to not badly mangling text in the Latin alphabet. Ivona voices are not updatable, so far as I am aware. I was just asking if anybody had actual experience before going through the process of finding out how to d/l etc and then doing it and possibly having to uninstall if they bomb out. I was not therilled with code factory English, and am not aware of what they have in Russian and don't want to pay for it unless I can try it first to see how it goes.

On 1/17/2022 5:32 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Ivona voices are not sold anymore to indeviduals which is a pitty same with acapella unless you buy the nvda versions.

However if your russion voice is really shitting itself that bad then maybe it needs updating or you should use a more updated one.

Its dictionaries may be incomplete or bugged.

So code factory voices have russian as a language.

But have you tried to install the onecore voices which will have slavic and russion languages of different types?

You can add more voices from the accessibility in settings in narator and add more voices.

On 18/01/2022 1:43 pm, Mary Otten wrote:
This might be on the border of inappropriate, but here goes:

I have a Russian voice that I purchased some time ago from a 3rd party vendor, and it works with NVDA. However, there is one really serious problem with it. If you are on a page with mixed English and Cyrillic, the Russian voice really falls apart. Rather than just reading the English in a Russian accent, which is what happens on an iPhone, for instance, my speech synthesizer from the Ivona company pronounces the English in some way that is really quite impossible to understand. So I'm wondering if there is anybody on here who speaks Russian and has had occasion to download and use either of the MS voices for Windows 10. If these voices act like the one I already have, then there is no point in going there. But if they don't mangle the English because they use pronunciation rules, perhaps because the synth is from Poland, where they use the Latin alphabet and have their own phonetic rules, then I'm going to go through the process of installing the voices and hope for decent results.

Mary