Re: backing up NVDA settings

mike mcglashon

Quoted:

I believe I addressed your questions in my previous message.

I sent it before I saw yours.

I wouldn't inform the user of anything about what or where changes have been made.

I would display the same dialog any time any settings have  been changed.

[Its up to the user to remember what changes were made and determine if he/she wants to save them.]

End quote:

To whom this may concern:

I do not think this is fair to assume on the behest of the “average computer user” (sighted or blind);

Many people hit buttons, checkboxes, edit boxes, etc in hopes of getting their computer to work the way “it used too”;.

The statement above expects the patient to remember what he told the doctor on his previous visit to verify his symptoms are legit;

Many of us, (including me… guilty…);,

Often hit buttons and other controls to attempt to get the computer we wanted to do something like before;

I do appreciate any technician to walk me through a process to get us where we wish to be;

And,

I appreciate the fact that they expect that I would not remember such settings to get us back or to where we need to be;

Hence, a techie can get a person such as I back on the forest trail and continue with the hike;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...