Re: Code Factory Vocalizer and Eloquence addon

Gene

The check box is in the voice dialog of NVDA.  It is immediately before the OK button and immediately after the fields for adjusting how capital letters are indicated.

Gene

On 1/18/2022 10:09 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I actually am looking for that box but I don’t see it in the eloquence settings. Is it in that page or is it in nvda’s settings?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 5:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Code Factory Vocalizer and Eloquence addon

Hi, Don. I had a reverse issue of sorts. I wanted the vocalizer and Eloquence voices to say "cap" before a capital letter. But after installing the latest update to the software a while back, it would spell the word "cap" instead of saying it, which was annoying, to say the least.

So, I tried unchecking the box that said, "Use spelling functionality when supported." Lo and behold, the voices said "capital" instead of spelling the word. So, in your case, try checking that box, if it isn't checked, and see if that doesn't solve your problem.