From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 18 January 2022 15:57
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

I don't think that is true if you use Eloquence as provided by the add-on, at least when I tried the demo, I didn't have that problem. I don't like the other synthesizer, I don't recall its name, and I hardly played with it. I hope others will discuss whether I am correct because some who want to use eloquence as an add-on might be worried about that.

Gene

On 1/18/2022 9:53 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
Hi,

This is a function, or problem with, certain synthesisers.

For example, if you use CodeFactory's NVDA Vocalizer add-on, and turn off all the capital options, it will still say Capital, because NVDA doesn't intercept the interpretation of the add-on itself.

JAWS has a feature called Controlled By Synthesiser, which you can switch off. If you do, JAWS does all the processing. Maybe NVDA needs something like this. Controlled By Synthesiser can be seen in punctuation settings I believe.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close