Re: Question about using NVDA with Duxbury products.

Howard Traxler

I have an older Duxbury, version 10.4.  It works fine with the current version of NVDA.  All aspects seem to talk as they should.

Howard

On 1/19/2022 7:41 AM, Chris Smart wrote:
Since NVDA is open source, it's probably more up to the community to come up with an add-on for a given program.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Betsy Grenevitch
Sent: January 19, 2022 8:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about using NVDA with Duxbury products.

It has been a dream of mine ever since going with NVDA that they had a script for Duxbury as I have to use it frequently and can no longer hear what has been written. I spoke to my friend there several years back and he said it would be up to NVDA to write to script.

On 1/19/2022 5:14 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
Hi,

This is because JAWS provides a script for Duxbury. Ironically an app for the blind is not natively accessible, this is strange to me.

All the best

Steve

--
To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to
https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...
W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Afnan
Nasir
Sent: 18 January 2022 12:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Question about using NVDA with Duxbury products.

Hello, i hope that all are doing geat, well i've installed DBT (Duxbury Translator) to write braille, but unfortunately, NVDA is not providing spoken feedback while writing. i've also tried perkey duck by same author (Duxbury ) but results are same. can anyone guide me about the solution of it? i've tried it with jaws, and it is working fine, but i primarily use NVDA as a main screen reader, so i want to use it with NVDA. any help would be much appreciated.

--
Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.