Re: Tony's add-ons: updates and new features

Tony Malykh

Thanks for feedback. Yes, in theory this can be done, but I am hesitating to do this myself because of increasing release engineering cost. Currently I maintain 10 separate add-ons and every year it is quite a tedious job to update all of them. I also made Tony's enhancement modular so that each feature can be turned on or off separately. However I have no problem if you or anyone else wants to cut out this part and fork it as a separate add-on.

On 1/19/2022 6:39 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear Tony,

Edit: I suggest packaging sound split and volume adjustment
functionality in a stand-alone add-on.

Thanks.

On 1/19/22, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear Tony,

Have you considered packaging the Sound Split functionality as a
separate add-on? I think it is a particularly distinct piece of
functionality which merits its own add-on. I am happy to sketch some
arguments for it if needed. In my case, I don't care for the enhanced
table navigation features and the key bindings it occupies (which I am
guessing are instated by default and yes, which I could take some time
to remove) but certainly do care for the ability to delineate NVDA and
non-NVDA audio. Alternatively, I might suggest having a series of
check boxes to enable or disable logically constructed subsets of
functionality in one, unified Tony's Enhancements add-on.

Thanks.

On 1/14/22, Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:
Are you dealing with extremely long lines? Could you email me your file?

I just tried a file with 4000 lines and there is no perceptible delay
when using WordNav 1.7 in VSCode.

On 1/13/2022 4:22 PM, Bruno Aníbal Prieto González wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for replying. Yes, I have word nav 1.7 installed. In large
files like 400 lines for example, it takes a couple of seconds to say
the word. Is there anything extra to do? I imagine it must be
something complex

Have you tried the latest version of WordNav? I improved its
performance
in VSCode.

On 1/12/2022 4:31 AM, Bruno Aníbal Prieto González wrote:
Hi Tony!
Thank you so much for your awesome complements. Especially I am really
appreciating the noticeable improvement of indent nav speed in VS
Code. It's great!
I wonder if that improvement in the indent nav algorithm will be
transferable to Word Nav? VS Code doesn't behave as I would like when
navigating with Control and arrows, but with Word Nav it does. The
problem is that in larger files Word Nav causes NVDA to take a long
time to read the words.
Do you think there is a way to fix that related to how you did it with
Indent Nav?

Have a great year!

Hello there, I’m facing a strange issue in  browser nav 2.2, whenever
try
to use NVDA OCR, the up and down aero keys doesn’t work, at 1st, I
thaught
it’s the problem in the latest version of NVDA, and I downgraded to
2021.3,
but the problem was still there, then I restarted my NVDA with addons
disabled, and the keys were working properly, then, I enabled the
addons
1
by 1, and I found this bug with Browser nav addon, please fix it.

Sent from Mail for Windows