Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Gene

I talked about using regular expressions.  I thought you had used the NVDA dictionary.  I hadn't noticed that you used the Vocalizer  settings in the add-on.  That setting area may not have any provision for working with regular expressions.  Maybe you have to do it the hard way.

Gene

On 1/20/2022 3:11 PM, Don H wrote:
Again running latest version of NVDA, Win 10 and latest code factory vocalizer/eloquence addon.  Using the Vocalizer voices.
Despite having say caps unchecked under the NVDA voice settings NVDA still says capital before each capital letter typed.
A solution is found under the settings for the code factory vocalizer settings.  Under the settings you can create a word list.  I added a entry for each letter having each capitalized leter replaced with the locer case letter.
Now all capitals are identified with only a pitch change as desired. Did not change any of the NVDA dictionaries.