Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Hello All,

I am asking, please, that responses to this topic stick to this title.  It's been split into 3 separate topics now, one accidental, or appearing so, one not.

From my earlier reading, some comments:

1. This isn't hair splitting, as I've learned the hard way:  NVDA doesn't say anything, the synthesizer you use with it does, and sometimes issues are directly driven by the synthesizer.  Trying a different one as a diagnostic step is always a good idea.

2. I have no idea why "Cap" would be announced when that option is off unless a synthesizer does this, which is unlikely, NVDA has a bug, also not particularly likely or this would be more widespread (though it's not impossible, either), or there could be some sort of idiosyncratic corruption in this specific NVDA installation.  I'd definitely try the diagnostic steps outlined in, Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA, whether or not you intend to open an issue.  You can learn a lot about what may possibly be at fault that way.

3. If nothing in the diagnostic steps cleared anything up, and the problem was still present when add-ons were disabled, I'd do a complete uninstall of NVDA followed by a reinstall using a freshly downloaded copy of the installer.  As was discussed over the last several days, uninstalling NVDA does not remove one's settings or add-ons, which are stored in a user's application data folder, not NVDA's install folder if "the usual configuration" is used, and you'd know if you tweaked install settings.  If you never have, then the usual configuration is in use.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)