Re: Thinking about purchasing the Acapela voices for NVDA

Well acapella voices are really good but there are downsides.
Because its an addon like any addons its susceptible to version changes.
So from time to time your voices won't work due to nvda version upgrades.
Its why I went for vocaliser as a sapi synth.
You will also need nvda to use it.
Like sapi vocaliser any major update you will need to deregister and
reregester again.
If you are not going to use it that much you may want to try to first
get the sapi vocaliser and run that way.
I realise vocaliser sapi is the only tts package to have everything in
1 massive mega bundle but at guys sells it and I got it and still use
it for gaming.
The price is 60 us I think same with eloquence which is also sapi or
you can buy both as a single addon so take your pick.

On 25/01/2022, Michael Chopra <michaelchopra38@...> wrote:
Hi. I did the trial thing where they gave access to it for 3 months when
this whole pandemic started, so can't get a trial again. Even when I did, I
still had all kinds of issues. I thought I'd try again, hoping for a better
result.
Thanks.
From Michael.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 at 13:19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

You can download a demo to see what you think. You have to download and
install the add-on, then install the voice or voices you want as
additional
add-ons.

Others may answer and give their opinions but you may want to see for
yourself what you think. Different people have very different opinions
about voices.

See this page for information:

http://www.acapela-nvda.com/get-your-download-here-v1-7/

That is the page to download the version of the add-on that is compatible
with the current and recent versions of NVDA.

Gene

On 1/24/2022 5:44 PM, Michael Chopra wrote:

Hey everyone. I was thinking about getting the Acapela voices add-on for
NVDA, but wanted people's thoughts before I decided to pay for it or not.
What is the responsiveness like and is it worth the high price tag? Or
would I simply be wasting money? Feel free to add anything else I should
consider as well.
Thanks for your help.
From Michael.