Re: can you disable the announcement of "in figure" o"out of figure"?

Mary Otten

I have to admit I've found that hub process intimidating,. But if you post a link, and all I have to do is go there and find the appropriate place to comment, I will do so.

Mary

On 1/24/2022 7:53 PM, Gene wrote:
I may open an issue on Github but there may be no point if people don't go to the page and comment in support.  I've opened six issues and none have been implemented or impllemented in a modified form.  If I open an issue, I'll send a link to it to the group.

.

Gene

On 1/24/2022 8:03 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
Thanks, Gene. Maybe this will make it in to a future version. All this unnecessary announcing of stuff that you don't need when you are just reading an article is a drag.

Mary

On 1/24/2022 5:43 PM, Gene wrote:
No.  You may be able to stop it with the speech dictionary.  It should be controllable by the user but it isn't.

Gene
On 1/24/2022 7:28 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
I've been through the settings for document formatting and managed to get rid of some of the annoying announcements like in and out of article, list etc. But there does not seem to be a way to kill off the announcement of in and out of figure. Am I missing it, or is it really not available?

Mary