Re: Keystroke for reading an Entire Row in Excel

Luke Robinett

> One thing which would need to be considered, is whether the command should read column headers as it goes.  So, say you are reading row 7, and the headers are in Row 1, would you want it to read A7, B7, C7, D7, etc.  Or would you want it (with headers defined) to read A1, A7, B1, B7, C1, C7, D1, D7, etc.?

Perhaps there could be an option in settings for this, that way the user could tailor it to their particular needs. There might be cases where you want that and others where you don’t.

On Jan 24, 2022, at 6:13 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

There isn't currently a command for this.  Even Say All doesn't currently work in Excel - see this issue for that: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6624

The only way I can find, is to select the row (SHIFT+spacebar), copy it, then read the clipboard (NVDA+C).  If it is too long, you might need to paste into Notepad or somewhere.  Not ideal.

My suggestion would be to create an issue on GitHub for this, as it is definitely something which would be worthwhile.  One thing which would need to be considered, is whether the command should read column headers as it goes.  So, say you are reading row 7, and the headers are in Row 1, would you want it to read A7, B7, C7, D7, etc.  Or would you want it (with headers defined) to read A1, A7, B1, B7, C1, C7, D1, D7, etc.? (There could be arguments made either way).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 9:06 AM David Kingsbury <davidkingsbury77@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Does NVDA have a keystroke for reading all the cells in a row in Excel? I looked around in the NVDA Quick reference guide, but failed to find it.

Thanks,

David

--
Quentin Christensen