Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Gene

There is a way to open settings for the add-on itself but I don't know how you do it.  I have a guess which I will present.  To explain why this is my guess would require explanation which isn't relevant to the discussion.  It has to do with what the expired demo does when you try to run it.  When you are using a vocalizer voice, try opening the synthesizer dialog, control NVDA s, moving to the Vocalizer choice, and pressing enter.  Does the settings dialog open?

I have an expired demo.  The only setting I can see that might possibly apply is one for raising the pitch for capital.  As I recall, it is a check box.  There is no say cap or say capital setting.  Maybe if you turn on the raise pitch option, capital won't be spoken.

Gene

On 1/25/2022 3:05 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi Don

If  in the Voice Settings dialog (NVDA+Ctrl+v),you set Uppercase pitch change to 0, Say Cap unchecked and Beep before Capitals unchecked you say NVDA says "Capital" before capital letters but if you check the "say Cap" checkbox, it only says "Cap", is that correct?

Does the Code Factory addon have any adjustable properties available via the Preferences sub-menu (NVDA+n p) or in the catagories list of the Settings dialog (NVDA+n p s)?  I'm asking these questions because I think it's the Code Factory addon that is responsible for it saying "Capital" and I wondered if there were any adjustable properties governing this behaviour.

Cheers

                Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows