Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Don H

Yes there are setting under the code factory entery under settings.
Same screen where you download more voices. Nothing in the settings
here fixes the issue of saying capital.

On 1/25/2022 3:44 PM, Gene wrote:
There is a way to open settings for the add-on itself but I don't know
how you do it.  I have a guess which I will present.  To explain why
this is my guess would require explanation which isn't relevant to the
discussion.  It has to do with what the expired demo does when you try
to run it.  When you are using a vocalizer voice, try opening the
synthesizer dialog, control NVDA s, moving to the Vocalizer choice, and
pressing enter.  Does the settings dialog open?

I have an expired demo.  The only setting I can see that might possibly
apply is one for raising the pitch for capital.  As I recall, it is a
check box.  There is no say cap or say capital setting.  Maybe if you
turn on the raise pitch option, capital won't be spoken.

Gene

On 1/25/2022 3:05 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi Don

If  in the Voice Settings dialog (NVDA+Ctrl+v),you set Uppercase pitch
change to 0, Say Cap unchecked and Beep before Capitals unchecked you
say NVDA says "Capital" before capital letters but if you check the
"say Cap" checkbox, it only says "Cap", is that correct?

Does the Code Factory addon have any adjustable properties available
via the Preferences sub-menu (NVDA+n p) or in the catagories list of
the Settings dialog (NVDA+n p s)?  I'm asking these questions because
I think it's the Code Factory addon that is responsible for it saying
"Capital" and I wondered if there were any adjustable properties
governing this behaviour.

Cheers

                Chris

Windows