Re: NVDA Not Talking

Jackie

Hi, Steven. Just because there's speech at logon does not mean there
will be speech once the computer has started. Both options need to be
checked in 'Preferences > Settings > General'. Specifically:
"Start NVDA after I sign in" needs to be checked.

On 1/25/22, Steven Hicks <hickser@...> wrote:
Hi friends,

I Have installed the latest NVDA on my laptop.

When I start up, there is speech at the logon screen but after logging on,
there is nothing at all, no speech.

During the installation, there was no speech either which seems quite odd.

If I load up JAWS then I can use the NVDA+N and it would appear that NVDA
is
running.

I Use NVDA+Q and JAWS will read the NVDA quit screen but again, there is no
speech from NVDA itself.

When I type, there is a high pitched sound for some reason until I unload
NVDA.

I Tried uninstalling NVDA and re-installing but the same thing seems to
have
happened afterwards.

Does anyone have any ideas please?