Re: NVDA Not Talking

Arlene

That is strange. Do you have NVDA run as your primairy screen reader?  You might want to check NVDA’S  settings. You must have run a muck when you installed it.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Steven Hicks
Sent: January 25, 2022 8:58 PM
To: NVDA@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Not Talking

Hi friends,

I Have installed the latest NVDA on my laptop.

When I start up, there is speech at the logon screen but after logging on, there is nothing at all, no speech.

During the installation, there was no speech either which seems quite odd.

If I load up JAWS then I can use the NVDA+N and it would appear that NVDA is running.

I Use NVDA+Q and JAWS will read the NVDA quit screen but again, there is no speech from NVDA itself.

When I type, there is a high pitched sound for some reason until I unload NVDA.

I Tried uninstalling NVDA and re-installing but the same thing seems to have happened afterwards.

Does anyone have any ideas please?