Re: NVDA Not Talking

Jacob Kruger

Steven, you could also try fire up something like narrator to see what is showing up when you then activate NVDA menu, and, there, maybe check what synthesizer is selected - NVDA + ctrl + S should bring up synthesizer dialogue, where you could try selecting another one, and, where you can also check selected audio output device?

Besides that, try hitting NVDA + ctrl + R to reset preferences to factory defaults?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA

On 2022-01-26 06:58 AM, Steven Hicks wrote:

Hi friends,

I Have installed the latest NVDA on my laptop.

When I start up, there is speech at the logon screen but after logging on, there is nothing at all, no speech.

During the installation, there was no speech either which seems quite odd.

If I load up JAWS then I can use the NVDA+N and it would appear that NVDA is running.

I Use NVDA+Q and JAWS will read the NVDA quit screen but again, there is no speech from NVDA itself.

When I type, there is a high pitched sound for some reason until I unload NVDA.

I Tried uninstalling NVDA and re-installing but the same thing seems to have happened afterwards.

Does anyone have any ideas please?