From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 25 January 2022 22:00
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

I don't know how much you might want to do to pursue the problem further. One option, which will cost money, is to get the SAPI Vocalizer voices, You may want to try the program to see if you have the same problem.

You can find it on this page:

https://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_20

There are the methods to try to correct the problem Brian discussed and then there is this possible solution that will cost you money. But I'm making you aware of the option, if you aren't. And you may want to test for the problem using the SAPI demo.

Gene

On 1/25/2022 3:49 PM, Don H wrote:
Yes there are setting under the code factory entery under settings.
Same screen where you download more voices. Nothing in the settings
here fixes the issue of saying capital.

On 1/25/2022 3:44 PM, Gene wrote:
There is a way to open settings for the add-on itself but I don't
know how you do it. I have a guess which I will present. To explain
why this is my guess would require explanation which isn't relevant
to the discussion. It has to do with what the expired demo does when
you try to run it. When you are using a vocalizer voice, try opening
the synthesizer dialog, control NVDA s, moving to the Vocalizer
choice, and pressing enter. Does the settings dialog open?

I have an expired demo. The only setting I can see that might
possibly apply is one for raising the pitch for capital. As I
recall, it is a check box. There is no say cap or say capital
setting. Maybe if you turn on the raise pitch option, capital won't be spoken.

Gene

On 1/25/2022 3:05 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi Don

If in the Voice Settings dialog (NVDA+Ctrl+v),you set Uppercase
pitch change to 0, Say Cap unchecked and Beep before Capitals
unchecked you say NVDA says "Capital" before capital letters but if
you check the "say Cap" checkbox, it only says "Cap", is that correct?

Does the Code Factory addon have any adjustable properties available
via the Preferences sub-menu (NVDA+n p) or in the catagories list of
the Settings dialog (NVDA+n p s)? I'm asking these questions
because I think it's the Code Factory addon that is responsible for
it saying "Capital" and I wondered if there were any adjustable
properties governing this behaviour.

Cheers

Chris

Windows