How setting heading rows and columns in Excel, and reading of those by NVDA, works . . .

Hello All,

I regret to inform you that due to a major "fat finger" a few minutes ago I have deleted the original topic from the archive.  This is not a major issue for those who have been reading along via email, but could be for those who either read by the web interface or search the archive.

I am asking those who've supplied the messages giving clear explanations of these mechanisms and how they work to please consider doing a copy from your sent folder and paste your answers into replies to this topic.  We had quite a few very good answers and explanations, and if it's possible to get those back in the archive from their originators, I'd very much appreciate it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)