Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Steve Nutt

Well I can tell you it is a global bug, I can reproduce it on several machines.

However, I can’t be bothered to report it, as the blame game will just go back and forth.  It doesn’t bother me enough to report it anyway, as one can get round it with the CF dictionary entries.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 26 January 2022 16:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 09:17 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

And it is not, as Brian suggests, an isolated problem, it is easy to reproduce.

-
Then, if that's the case, for the love of heaven, someone who's got it should open an issue on the NVDA GitHub with the steps to reproduce, not keep complaining about it here.  This is not a venue where developers are monitoring nor can one expect change from reporting issues here.  The mechanism exists for end users who can replicate issues to report them, directly, which is a luxury that's very, very seldom afforded to end users.  Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA

It's one thing to ask about whether anyone else has something happening and if there happens to be a fix, but we're well past that.

And, Steve, if 100 people had the issue, it would *still* be what gets classed as an isolated incident.  It's a matter of the scope within an embedded user base of something.  For Windows, the same screw-up can occur on tens of thousands of machines, and it still be a localized issue, isolated, not a global bug.  For NVDA, the number would be smaller, but if you can count it on less than two hands, it's an isolated bug.

So far, on this topic, I think we have 3 people who've reported it.  Well, how many more are using the configurations you guys are using and aren't reporting it?  Again, that should tell you something.  That something is that this is highly unlikely to be a global bug.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what these ideals are.

~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.