Re: Input Gesture Dialog

Gene

I want to point out that I didn't think about all this in detail until the question was asked today.  I might look somewhere if I thought something was more likely to be there, but if it wasn't, then I would look other places.

Gene

On 1/27/2022 4:09 PM, Gene wrote:

It is often more efficient to look through the NVDA menus to find something like this.  Remember that you are not dealing with settings, as would generally be defined.  Settings are often preferences and that explains why settings is a submenu  in preferences.  You are not dealing with settings as generally defined.  but you are dealing with preferences.  It is a preference if you want to redefine a key.  So open the `NVBA main menu, then open preferences and down arrow through what is there.  You will find it.

I would imagine that it could be argued that these are settings, but however you think of them, you will generally find such things looking through menus and submenus.

Another example is Manage Add-ons.  That is in the tools menu.

I hope this discussion saves some or many people time when looking for things.

Gene

On 1/27/2022 3:54 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Hello,
I read through a bunch of the on-line NVDA help pages for how to get to the input gestures dialog.
There are dozens and dozens of references with links for it, but nothing on how to access it.
I turned on the screen curtain, which is what I want, but I want to assign a shortcut to turn it off if I need to.
I turned keyboard help and tried every key I could imagine to see if there was already a keyboard shortcut assigned, but could not find one.
I did not get an input gesture dialog when turning it on.
This is in windows 10.
Thanks for suggestions.

Glenn