Re: NVDA announcing Capital letters

Don H

OK in my first message I forgot to indicate that my Speech syn is
Vocalizer which is part of the code factory vocalizer/eloquinse NVDA
addon. I if say cap and spelling are both unchecked and pitch change
for caps is zero I hear the whole word "capital" before each uppercase
letter is spoken.

On 1/29/2022 12:14 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:
Hi Don

I don't know  what the "Use spelling functionality if supported" setting
is for as I can spell words out using a double press of NumPad 5
irrespective of it's setting but perhaps there is a synthesizer specific
keystroke for this purpose.

I have filled in what you said in your post but because you have 2
variables involved here, there are 4 potential outcomes.  With Pitch
Change set to 0 and Bleep for capitals unchecked,  could you please
state what is spoken for capitals when :

"Say Cap" and "Spelling Functionality" are both unchecked = Says "Capital"

"Say Cap" and "Spelling Functionality" are both checked = Says "Cap".

"Say Cap" Checked "Spelling Functionality" Unchecked = ?

"Say Cap" Unchecked "Spelling Functionality Checked = ?

Cheers

                Chris