what is spoken when "Say Cap" is Unchecked and "Spelling
Functionality” is Checked? It spells out "cap' before each uppercase
letter.
On 1/29/2022 2:02 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:
                Hi Don

What is spoken when "Say Cap" is Checked and “Spelling Functionality” is
Unchecked?

And also, what is spoken when  "Say Cap" is Unchecked and "Spelling
Functionality” is Checked?

Cheers

                Chris

*From: *Don H <mailto:lmddh50@...>
*Sent: *29 January 2022 18:35
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] NVDA announcing Capital letters

OK in my first message I forgot to indicate that my Speech syn is

Vocalizer which is part of the code factory vocalizer/eloquinse NVDA

addon.  I if say cap and spelling are both unchecked and pitch change

for caps is zero I hear the whole word "capital" before each uppercase

letter is spoken.

On 1/29/2022 12:14 PM, Chris Mullins wrote:

> Hi Don

> I don't know  what the "Use spelling functionality if supported" setting

> is for as I can spell words out using a double press of NumPad 5

> irrespective of it's setting but perhaps there is a synthesizer specific

> keystroke for this purpose.

> I have filled in what you said in your post but because you have 2

> variables involved here, there are 4 potential outcomes.  With Pitch

> Change set to 0 and Bleep for capitals unchecked,  could you please

> state what is spoken for capitals when :

> "Say Cap" and "Spelling Functionality" are both unchecked = Says
"Capital"

> "Say Cap" and "Spelling Functionality" are both checked = Says "Cap".

> "Say Cap" Checked "Spelling Functionality" Unchecked = ?

> "Say Cap" Unchecked "Spelling Functionality Checked = ?

> Cheers

>                  Chris

Windows