Re: New Microsoft voices and NVDA support

Hi,

Update: Microsoft Natural Voices are retrieved from Microsoft Store. Although these voices are set to be compatible with Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 Update), they are only available in build 22543 (as explained in another thread) and shown as compatible with 64-bit systems only. This actually makes sense considering that Windows 11 is a strictly a 64-bit operating system.

Regarding the theory I had: yes, what I wrote above confirms it - the third location under my consideration is a folder that stores Microsoft Store apps. If things are available from Store, chances are that data about them will be stored in this location which users cannot access (actually, yes you can but that's really beyond the scope of this forum and is quite advanced with implications). Therefore, unless proven false, I stand by my explanation that Microsoft is testing a new synthesizer engine, something I think might be of use when Microsoft says anyone (including NVDA) can utilize these voices.

Cheers,

Joseph