Re: where is controling audio ducking found?

Quentin Christensen

Just to clarify for anyone reading the thread who hasn't looked into audio ducking with NVDA - the feature is available and it is an option - so you can use it if you choose.  It has three options:

- "No ducking".  If you don't want to use audio ducking, leave the option set to this and NVDA will behave and interact with other audio sources as it ever has.
- "Duck when outputting speech and sounds".  The volume of ALL sounds will be lowered only while NVDA is actually speaking.  This lets you have say background music or other sounds play loudly except when NVDA is talking.
- "Always duck".  Other sounds will be ducked (or lower), whenever NVDA is running.  This ensures NVDA is able to be heard over other sounds, but the volume of say background music will be constant, rather than fading in or out as NVDA speaks.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
I  just find it annoying and stupid, silencing stuff I don't want.
Now I can see it working in a computer navigation situation, but that does little for the blind guy and gaming or soune  production or things like that.
Sadly some cards autoduck for performance  and its rubbish with speech.

On 4/10/2016 3:24 p.m., Arlene wrote:
Well, If I ended up having to get a new computer. I'd get an apple because it and win ten both have audio ducking.  I got used to hearing it being used on I devices and my friend's apple computer.  I'm going to have fun adjusting to it being on win ten if I ended up having ten! Maybe it's just me. I like audio ducking to be with apple. Same with Seri witch ten got Kortanna witch is a copy cat of seri!