Re: Catching a buzz

Gene

I did a little more experimenting and I found  that turning off speak typed characters stops the sound.

Gene

On 2/3/2022 9:03 PM, Gene wrote:
thank you.  Evidently, you mean the feature that announces spelling errors when you read a flagged word.  I want to hear the announcement but I don't want to hear the buzz when I'm typing and an error is detected.  this appears to be a sound NVDA makes. When I put it to sleep and intentionally make an error, I don't hear the sound.

Hi Gene

Have a look under the document settings in nvda and uncheck spelling errors and that sound goes.

It does not worry me as I know when it happens I have mis spelled the word.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2022 3:46 pm, Gene wrote:
Is there any way to stop the buzz that NVDA makes when something is flagged as an error as you type? I don't want to turn off the flag feature but I don't want to be distracted by the buzz while I'm writing.