Re: Catching a buzz

Chris Smart

It's not a loud sound.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: February 3, 2022 10:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Catching a buzz

thank you. Evidently, you mean the feature that announces spelling errors when you read a flagged word. I want to hear the announcement but I don't want to hear the buzz when I'm typing and an error is detected. this appears to be a sound NVDA makes. When I put it to sleep and intentionally make an error, I don't hear the sound.

Hi Gene

Have a look under the document settings in nvda and uncheck spelling
errors and that sound goes.

It does not worry me as I know when it happens I have mis spelled the
word.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2022 3:46 pm, Gene wrote:
Is there any way to stop the buzz that NVDA makes when something is
flagged as an error as you type? I don't want to turn off the flag
feature but I don't want to be distracted by the buzz while I'm writing.