Re: Catching a buzz

Chris Smart

Thank god.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: February 3, 2022 11:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Catching a buzz

I stopped the sound. I checked in the waves folder and I found a text error wave file. I played it and it is the sound I wanted to eliminate. I hadn't expected the buzz to be made by a wave file but it is. I changed the extension to bak on the file.

Gene

On 2/3/2022 9:10 PM, Gene wrote:
I did a little more experimenting and I found that turning off speak
typed characters stops the sound.

Gene

On 2/3/2022 9:03 PM, Gene wrote:
thank you. Evidently, you mean the feature that announces spelling
errors when you read a flagged word. I want to hear the announcement
but I don't want to hear the buzz when I'm typing and an error is
detected. this appears to be a sound NVDA makes. When I put it to
sleep and intentionally make an error, I don't hear the sound.

Hi Gene

Have a look under the document settings in nvda and uncheck spelling
errors and that sound goes.

It does not worry me as I know when it happens I have mis spelled
the word.

Gene nz

On 4/02/2022 3:46 pm, Gene wrote:
Is there any way to stop the buzz that NVDA makes when something is
flagged as an error as you type? I don't want to turn off the flag
feature but I don't want to be distracted by the buzz while I'm
writing.