Re: Vocalizer for NVDA

Socheat

Hello,

Here are my opinions on both speech synths.
First, Code Factory voices for NVDA
Pros:
  • You get two voices, bundled together in one package.
  • affordable, low costs add-on for NVDA on the market, if you are looking for inexpensive voices to use with NVDA.
  • Seven days free trial.
  • Uses the new, up to date embedded voices from Nuance.
Cons:
  • Automatic language switching support just doesn't work.
  • No compack voices, if you're a fan of those.
  • Code Factory's support is terrible.
  • Doesn't have an ability to check the remaining activations
  • Some pronunciation issues with Eloquence.

Now, for Tiflotecnia's Vocalizer
Pros:
  • Wide variety of compack voices to choose from.
  • Automatic language switching support does work.
  • Rui is usually quick in responding to emails, when you have problems.
  • You get an email alert, whenever you deactivate a license from a computer, to tell you of your activation count.
  • Convenient ways to check your activation count, via the website, and from within the Vocalizer driver itself.
Cons:
  • Not the cheapest option, if you're on a tight budget.
  • Uses the slightly outdated voices (1.1.1), while Code Factory uses the Vocalizer expressive 2 voices.
  • No free trial, unfortunately.
  • The driver that you get from the main website (https://vocalizer-nvda.com), sometimes may not be the newest.

Bottom line:
If you want Eloquence, and Vocalizer voices bundled together in one package, and don't mind Code Factory's support, automatic language switching support isn't your priority, then go for Code Factory voices. You could save yourself a few bucks.
But, if you don't mind spending a little more cash, and outdated voices aren't a problem for you, go with Tiflotecnia vocalizer. Especially if automatic language switching support, and the technical support is your top priority.

Socheat

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 3:18 AM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
I asked this question a while back but got no response.  I purchased my
vocalizer/eloquinse NVDA addon from AT guys.  The addon was produced by
Code Factory.  There is another on line vendor called Tiflotecnia.  Is
the same addon also produced by Code Factory?  If they are two different
addons, which works best with the latest version of NVDA.
Thanks