Re: Google Docs and Browse Mode

Christopher Bartlett

I encountered a situation yesterday where I was attempting to read a 20 page google doc and couldn't use say all in either mode.  Also, the Google Docs keyboard shortcut crtl-alt-a ctrl-alt/r, which is supposed to read the document aloud from the cursor wasn't working.

Christopher Bartlett

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 8:24 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

Well being jaws you probably need jaws scripts for google docs.

On 4/02/2022 7:54 am, Jonathan Milam wrote:
Actually, JAWS is apparently worse, because I can't even read a Google Doc in browse mode with JAWS.  I can of course read it within Focus mode with NVDA, but the drawback there is that I can't easily use WebNav commands.

Jonathan

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 1:42 PM Milam, Jonathan <milamj@...> wrote:
Hi Brian,

It seems to only happen with docs that are more than a few pages in length.  Interestingly enough, JAWS doesn't have this issue.  Can anyone else replicate?

Jonathan

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 12:34 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 12:00 PM, Jonathan Milam wrote:
I've actually been having this problem for quite a while, and it just never gets resolved unfortunately.
-
Just curious, but what is the size (roughly, and in pages) of these documents?   I'm wondering if this is a "large document" issue or if it occurs on trivially short documents as well.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what these ideals are.

~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

--
Christopher Bartlett

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.