Re: Unable to activate certain buttons with NVDA

Vaibhav Saraf

Looking at the url this looks to be some test page built for the same purpose :D

Here it totally looks like the case of a wrong aria-hidden hierarchy hiding those elements, they are often spoken out by NVDA in focus mode.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 23:25, neeraj.chouksey via groups.io <neeraj.chouksey=deque.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I encountered a similar issue in the checkboxes(Option 1, Option 2, Option 3)
If I navigate on this modalPopup example) using the tab key, NVDA neither announces the role as checkbox, state as selected/not selected nor the checkbox names. When I enabled the focus mode, NVDA starts announcing the checkboxes correctly.

Page URL:
https://omniarc-gaming-mouse.myshopify.com/pages/deque-ada-audit-test-page
Element name: checkboxes(Option 1, Option 2, Option 3)
Location of the element: below the Birthday field.

I am encountering a similar problem with the Microsoft Edge browser with NVDA. Only Firefox browser seems to be working correctly.