Re: New Video: How to Control your mouse with NVDA without ever touching it

Rick Alfaro

Brian,

I’m very glad to see your message as I have the exact same issues with these drag and drop keystrokes under NVDA and Jaws22. I’m now on Windows 11 but had the same issues in Windows 10. I’m beginning to wonder if there is something funky about the keyboard I’ve been using which is a Logitech G910 full size keyboard.

Warmest regards

Rick Alfaro

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, February 4, 2022 6:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Video: How to Control your mouse with NVDA without ever touching it

TheeQuinn,

I have tried, and tried, and tried again to make use of the left mouse lock button for drag and drop without involving the physical mouse at all, theoretically "picking up" a file in file explorer by using Left Mouse Lock, moving focus to a folder where I want to drop it, selecting that folder (or not selecting it, that hasn't mattered), routing the mouse to the navigator object (which should be that said folder), then hitting the Left Mouse Lock again, which should release that file on to the folder and move it.  It never works.

If anyone can show a use for the left mouse lock where you can pick up something for dragging, then dropping it via using that key sequence again, without any involvement of the physical mouse I'd love to see it.

I have never had any luck with emulated drag and drop under either JAWS or NVDA.  It either doesn't work, or there is something about the process that I am skipping, missing, or doing that causes inadvertent abandonment of the pick-up of the thing to be dropped.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

I neither need nor want to be appeased, but apprised.  Inconvenient truth is preferable to convenient (for the liar) lies.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.