Re: select and copy not working

The Gamages

Hello,

try making a selection and then copy it, move down the page a few lines and paste the contents of the clipboard, if you now have two examples of your selection, the selection process is working but not being spoken, if not you have a different challenge.

Sorry if my suggestion is a bit simplistic.

Best Regards, Jim.

On 05/02/2022 21:58, Brian Vogel wrote:
If, and I do mean if, you happen to have someone sighted around who uses a computer, the fastest way to determine whether selection is somehow broken is to have them take a look while you're doing it.  What shows up on the screen as a result of "selection by keyboard" is indistinguishable to what shows up for either "swipe over" text selection or point and click mouse selection.

I see no point in anyone doing independent troubleshooting that can, and sometimes does, take hours if you happen to have someone you can call over to "take a quick look" and have an instant answer.

I know that not every reader here has that luxury, but those that do should not view asking for a "quick check" as dependence, but efficiency and "working smarter, not harder."

I neither need nor want to be appeased, but apprised.  Inconvenient truth is preferable to convenient (for the liar) lies.

     ~ Brian Vogel