NVDA mispronounces certain words wrongly

Sim Kah Yong

Hi all, I have a weird problem with NVDA pronunciation. My company just upgraded my laptop to a HP EliteBook x360 830 G7 Notebook PC.
Using Windows 10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1466), NVDA 2021.31.
Examples of words that are mispronounced are:
Elaine pronounced as l n i n e
Training pronounced as t r a an ing
Email pronounced as m a i l

As you can tell, all of the words have "AI" as a common denominator.
I have tried the following without any success:
`1.  Run NVDA with no add-ons.
2.  Tried all the voices and TTS that I have.
3.  Com registration fixing tool - I have no admin right to run it.
4.  Tried every permutation of speech settings
5. Shut down computer to restart.

both JAWS and Narrator do not have this problem. What else can I try please? Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.