Re: Using NVDA with Microsoft project 2016

Kenny Cheung

Here are the steps I did to try and finish my assignment.
To set the start date for a project you have to go to:
1. Project
I open project
2. Project Information (this will open a dialog box with a bunch of fields)
I press ault and right arrow to the project tab and down arrow to go in to the ribbon. Then I right arrow to where it says project information
3. Change the date is the Start Date filed
I see a data grid that says custom fields, and when I try to arrow through it I can’t move at all. If I ault tab out of that window to outlook or some other program and ault tab back it becomes a editable combo box, or tab to where it says schedule from which is a combo box and shift tab back to start date, it becomes a combo box where I can type. I type in 2/16/18.
4. Select OK to complete
I press enter and end up back in the project document, I right arrow to where it says start and its blank.

To add a non-working day on a project calendar go to:
1. Project
I go to the project tab and down arrow to go in to the ribbon. I see Subproject  button, Get Addins  button, Project Information...  button, Custom Fields  button, WBS  collapsed, Set Baseline  collapsed, Update Project...  button, and Spelling...  button. Some of the buttons like change working time and links between projects, and schedule didn’t show up until I tabbed through the ribbon.
2. Change Working Time (this will open a dialog box with a bunch of fields)
I go to the project tab and down arrow. Then I press tab to working time, and after I press enter I’m in the exceptions control tab. It brings me to a data grid, and I try pressing the arrow keys and it says data item  selected  Name, and when I press right arrow it says data item  selected  Start
I press f2 on where it says named. I tried enter and it brought me back to the main document.
3. Select the date from the calendar that is in the dialogue box
I press right arrow to start and press enter, it brings me back to the document. I go back to the project tab and back to change working time. I press f2 to edit and put in 2/25/18.
4. In the Name field, type Nonworking Time
I put in Non-working time after I pressed f2 in the name field
5. Select OK to complete
I pressed enter and the name and start date columns are blank
To update file properties:
1. File
I press ault and left arrow to file.
2. Info
I down arrow to info
3. Project Information
I press tab to project information
4. Advanced Properties (this will open a dialog box with a bunch of fields)
Then I press enter on advanced properties
5. Complete the needed fields
I tried object nav with object review, and no luck, so I switch to screen review. I’m able to interact with the different fields I go to the subject field and do ault s, and put in to the subject field New book launch schedule. I do NVDA shift right arrow to get to manager and NVDA shift down arrow to interact with the field and do ault+M since I couldn’t press enter on it or NVDA enter to activate it. I go to where it says Company:  and put in Lucerne Publishing

6. Select OK to complete
I press enter and nothings in the main document. All the changes that I made from setting the start date to here are only in the boxes, and not in the actual project document.

Sent from Kenny’s MacBook Pro

On Feb 15, 2022, at 19:14, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

Oh okay. I hope Jaws works.

Sent from Mail for Windows