Re: Mouse pointer going invisible after loading NVDA

Jackie

Jimmy, couple things.
1) Have you tried turning mouse tracking on?
2) Have you tried turning on visual highlighting?

I also wonder if you have any addons running, because this really
isn't normal behavior for NVDA. My husband is sighted, & while I
discourage him highly from using my computer, simply because he finds
a touchpad difficult to use, nonetheless the mouse is visible to him.
Examination of your mouse settings under control panel as well as any
touchpad settings might be instructive (you don't say whether this is
a desktop, laptop, or tablet pc, so it's difficult to get specific).

Also, ensure you've got your screen maximized, as sometimes websites
will treat a device where it thinks the screen is a certain size as a
mobile device. That may cause the mouse pointer to become invisible,
as mobile devices don't generally have mice attached, though they may
have trackpad functionality.

This is just off the top. Providing info regarding your system specs
might well prove helpful.

On 2/22/22, Jimmy Podsim via groups.io <kd5qhh@...> wrote:
Hmmm, didn’t think of trying that. I’ll give it a spin when the wife is
around to see if the mouse stays visible. Thanks.

Jimmy.

                                Sent from Mail for Windows