Re: Problem with an external keyboard

Tyler Spivey

You've somehow bound an NVDA command to your end key.
Here are some solutions:

1. If you don't care about your custom gestures and want to just set them up again, reset them by going to the NVDA menu, Preferences, Input gestures and pressing Reset to factory defaults.
This is the easiest way to fix this, but it'll delete any custom keys you've set up.
2. If you don't want to set all your gestures up again, here are some ways to find the command without having to manually go through all of them.

1. Turn on input help, press end. It'll tell you what it does. Take some of the words from that and type them in the filter box in the Input gestures dialog.
That should let you find it easily, and you can remove the key from it.
2. Gestures are stored in %appdata%\nvda\gestures.ini. If you edit that file, there should be a line with end in it you can delete, then restart NVDA.

On 2/23/2022 12:32 PM, Tibor Hermann wrote:
I just tested the "end" button better. So it's a Logitech ultraflat keyboard that connects to the machine via a USB port. I start NVDA, by default on the desktop, in a text editor, but it's true anywhere: I hit the "home" key, it jumps to the first item. When I hit the "end" key by default, it reads the first letter of the first item in the current line, so it doesn't jump to the end. When I tap the NVDA + f2 key combination you suggest, the "end" key works perfectly, as if something didn't give NVDA the "end" key function by default. Could there be some solution? Thank you very much in advance for your reply and help!
With Best Regards,
Tibor