locked Admin's Note: Community Letter #adminnotice

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

First, if you are in or around the Ukraine, you are in my thoughts, and our community stands with you in whatever way we can. I am truly sorry for all that is being perpetrated against your nation. Please do what you can to stay safe, and reach out to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io if there is anything you need, or if you just need to talk. This goes for anybody, but doubly for those dealing with present hardship.

I wrote this post earlier today, and believe that it is worth sharing here, as I do believe it impacts all of us. This is not intended to be a divisive post, and if you disagree with its content, please reach out to me off list.

I know that times right now may be a struggle for many of you, as it is for me. I know the World is in an uncertain place. Some are dealing with grief and loss, others with war, and still others with loneliness, anxiety, etc. Many have stressful jobs, some don't have enough to meet their needs, and others are just uncertain whether continuing to be here is even worth it.

In many ways, we are more connected than ever before. But that also can create more isolation as well. We are also being bombarded with so much stimuli... So many ads, so many brands, so many news stories about places thousands of miles away, so much negativity, so much division... It's ironic that we've used that ability to be connected to share all the negativity and terrible happenings of the World. Many of us internalize all of that, and don't know where to turn, how to be most effective in helping, seeing as there is just so much need.

Please reach out for those who can be there for you, embrace the humanity that is in each of us, and let's all do what we can to make this time a bit easier for one another. Focus on those around you, those you Love, your family, your neighbors. Some of us have gotten away from the idea of a village, gotten away from being acquainted with our neighbors. Some are frightened that their neighbor might be the next murderer... After all, if we turn on the TV, all we see is the terrible violence happening all around us, and not so close to us.

If there is anything I can do for you, please reach out, and I will see what I can do. Thank you to each of you, for allowing me to get to know you, to be or have been part of your life, for being a member of a group that I moderate or own. If times are difficult now, they will look brighter, especially if we can get past all of that which divides us, and unify around our humanity and Love of one another.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

Thank you, and have a great day!