Re: time built-in command

Gene

This problem, along with the calculator problem, may indicate, taken together, a problem with Windows or something else on the system.  It might be time to have the machine looked at.  Or if the machine is too old, to get a new or another one.

Gene

On 2/25/2022 10:09 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
It's a desktop computer; no FN key.  At this point, pressing NVDA plus F12 says nothing.  Maybe it said the volume because I had the volume control window open.  Tried running NVDA without addons; didn't fix the problem.  Tried turning off background apps, too; but many calculator windows are still running

Perhaps this all is a windows problem; and I'm mixing up my mailing lists?  Sorry.

Howard and one more next

On 2/25/2022 9:46 AM, Robert Cole via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
Is this a laptop?
If on the desktop, will alt+F4 bring up the shut down menu?
If not, It seems that you have activated the function key mode.
Press function insert F12 to see if it tells the time.

On Feb 25, 2022, at 10:10 AM, Howard Traxler <htraxler7@...> wrote:

All of a sudden, doing NVDA plus f12 tells me the volume level; not the time and date.  I ran the NVDA repair program but that didn't fix it  Need I reinstall NVDA?

Howard