Re: Accessing a Control on a webpage that is only available after hovering

Jackie

Luke, unfortunately, this is pretty problematic. I tend to use
shift+backspace & NVDA+backspace in combination. Sometimes bringing
focus to bear on the control expands the menu. Sometimes left- (or
more commonly, right) clicking the object using NVDA's mouse keys +
object navigation also helps. But much depends on how the developer
implemented this particular control. & sometimes the expanded menu
actually appears in a different place, ie, the bottom of the screen,
than the object. Much, unfortunately, is really dependent on the
control in question.

Good luck.

If anyone can point me to a webpage that can be generally accessed where
this technique is used, I might be able to figure out how to to it.

I understand exactly what it is you're asking, Luke, but this is an instance
where, at least for me, trial and error would be required to figure out the
actual solution if such can be found.  There's got to be something,
somewhere else, that does this.

Constantly insisting on “my rights” with no consideration of “my
responsibilities” isn’t “freedom” — it’s adolescence.
~ Commenter, *Evangelos* , in comments for
America 2022: Where Everyone Has Rights and No One Has Responsibilities (
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/opinion/spotify-joe-rogan-covid-free-speech.html
) ,
New York Times , February 8, 2022