Re: NVDA and Chrome and alerts

Dan,

            Please do report back with the final result as far as cause and fix.

            One other thing just struck me, could it be that you have an update to Chrome itself waiting?  They recently replaced the conventional hamburger/pancake stack menu key with one that looks like three dots in a vertical column.  When Chrome goes into "I need to be restarted to apply an update" mode for me there is nothing announced but the menu key itself will change color, which serves as an alert.  Try hitting ALT to throw focus on to the menu key and see if that doesn't potentially give you something.

             I'm really curious as to what this is, since it seems to be attached more to your Chrome browser than specific webpages, at least on the whole.

    ~ Lauren Bacall