Re: Exclamation mark

Peter Beasley

I’m using Windows one core voices.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Gene
Sent: 10 March 2022 13:01
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exclamation mark

What synthesizer are you using?  This is completely unexpected behavior.  Bang is what is spoken by default at the  function level where it is set to be spoken when you have punctuation set to all.  You should hear nothing at lower levels.   But you say you hear the actual word exclamation.

My dictionary suggestion may solve the problem and, since you have tried various suggestions without success, I don't know how likely it is that the problem will be solved in other ways.

Gene

On 3/10/2022 4:47 AM, Peter Beasley wrote:

It’s being spoken when reading a line of text or a document or e-mail.

Gene

Sent from Mail for Windows

        New York Times, February 8, 2022

.