Re: Problem with windows 11 notepad, and browsers

Gene

To check if Chrome is up-to-date, do the following:

Open the Chrome menu with alt f.  Hold alt and while doing so, type f.

Up arrow to help and press enter.

You are now on About Chrome.  Press enter.

Down arrow a number of times and see if you hear either Chrome is up-to-date, or a button that says something like update to version and then a version number.

Now and then, I check my browsers to make sure they are current.  I don't have a rule about this but I think it is a good idea to do this once a week.  I find that now and then, browsers don't automatically update as they are supposed to.

Gene

On 3/15/2022 5:49 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

Regarding Notepad search, you say when you search nothing happens.  What do you do after you press enter after typing a search.  You are still in search and you must press escape to leave search and return to notepad, where you can then move around as usual.  When you do that, are you where you want to be?

Regarding the problems with browsers, it isn't clear to me just what is happening when you talk about things changing.  What are examples of one or two things that change and how have you changed them in the first place?

Regarding your Google search problem, do what you describe before typing anything in the search field.  Be in forms mode in the search edit field, tab and shift tab and then type the search.  You will be able to type and then to move in the search field and make any corrections you want with speech.

From what I've read on this list, what you are experiencing is a known issue with Chrome and was fixed in the current version.  Which raises the question of whether your Chrome is the current version.

I'll write another message about how to check and update Chrome if it isn't updating automatically.

Gene

On 3/15/2022 3:06 AM, Abhishek Raut wrote:

Hello. I have 2 issues while using nvda.

First is problem with notepad, and, another is problem in browsers.

I'm Facing too much problems with windows 11 notepad.
When there is blank line at the end of file, nvda do not speak blank. instead of that, nvda speaks the  second last line.

The find box which comes by pressing ctrl+f, is also not working well. When we type something in find box and press enter, it is not working.

When we type in find box and pressed tab, There are 2 buttons. First one is search down, and, another one is search up.

If we click on any of these, the cursor do not move.

Now let’s come to the second issue.

With browsers there are lots of issues.

Mostly in forms,  nvda automatically switch to focus mode.

For example, if there is form like M C Q questions which means choosing options form, then that time nvda switch automatically to focus mode and the options which we selected before get changed to different.

This automatically switching gives huge issues in websites.

Another problem is with google search.

I am using google chrome. When I search anything in google search box, after some letters, nvda stop speaking the typed letters.

Even if we move cursor by using ctrl + arrow or arrow keys, nvda speaks nothing.

But if we press tab and shift tab, then nvda starts speaking.

Is there any solutions to resolve these issues?

Thank you

Regards,

Abhishek Raut.